Beautiful, depraved

Intimacy. Debauchery. Irreverence.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Twenty moments of seduction: Moment #3


"It's the only defense I have."

When I would ask D. how he could be so vulnerable with me, always flattering me, telling me how big he saw me, that's what he would say. Something along the lines of: If you know your weaknesses then you're not weak anymore. His openness disarmed me. By acknowledging his vulnerability and speaking his truth, he was replacing fear with love. And in so doing, the whole world changes.

I tried it with someone recently, someone who totally blows me away. Let myself fumble through my vulnerability and express how I really felt. I was scared shitless (I took that as a good sign). After doing it, I could let go of any attachment to the outcome, because I had done the best I could, there was nothing left to say - nothing less than the truth.

And in so doing, the whole world changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home