Beautiful, depraved

Intimacy. Debauchery. Irreverence.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

About this blog


"If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more. " - Jane Austen

The things I blog about here are somewhat removed from me. They are still things I love and value, but many things, things close to my heart, I keep closer. I believe that some things are sacred and that to speak of them is to dilute their value. There are echoes and ghosts of my present life in my writing, but I don't speak of them directly.

Raymond Carver titled one of his famous stories, "What we talk about when we talk about love." We talk about slicing onions, planting a garden, the taste of come, the softness of skin. Love is meant to be talked around, not talked about. That's why poetry expresses love best.

I struggled at first with chronicling my "6" adventures because they are meaningful to me. They are the story of my sexual opening, of me coming into my femininity and my self. In the end, I decided I wanted the challenge of conveying the depth of those experiences and hopefully blowing away some BSDM stereotypes in the process.

So here I overshare and I undershare.

What I enjoy reading and writing is depth. Beauty. Depravity and all the poetry within that, artfully revealed. I like witty irreverence and learning something about the world and myself. What's most fun is something that's delivered well, but without a lot of editing. There's a free flow, a spontaneity and uncensored feeling to it that allows some deeper truth to shine through.

That's what I'm working on.


Photo: Mary McCartney via

Labels: